Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Journey

Whenever I try to write about a happy time in my life
I feel as if it’s impossible,
As if I haven’t had good moments.
I know that it isn’t true,
But when I recall my life I haven’t a clue
Why must life be so difficult for me?
Is it really that hard to truly be?
Stress is such a constant torture,
My future rests in the balance of life and death
My internal struggles never are pleasant
And the depression is ever present.
There are sayings that you have to take the good with the bad,
But what if I gave everything that I had,
Just to survive this most recent encounter
And don’t think I could handle another.
But maybe there is a unique solution,
That will be an important attribution,
To who I will become in the future.
Everyday I attempt to dance,
In hopes that my skills will be greatly enhanced
So as I follow my own dreams,
I realize just one thing.
I have been so focused on myself,
So that I could prove myself to those around me
That I have lost sight of the true purpose
This is not just an experience for me,
As my friends and I embark on a lifelong journey…

No comments:

Post a Comment