Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Life that I Live

Everyday that I live seems to pass slowly by
As I walk through life wondering why.
My soul longs for freedom,
The ability to be alone with my thoughts,
But every waking moment takes me farther away
Like that of a cloud that never stays.
The Sun should shine bright as the cloud disappears
But for me I am just entrenched in darkness of fears.
Never will I be understood as just an ordinary person,
But compared to the perfection that is my sister.
I wish that a single moment could change everything for the better
However I know that it isn’t true
My family just doesn’t understand
The pain that surrounds me,
My survival is only a figment of their imagination,
No longer a soul, but a fake presentation,
Of who I really am.
Only my friends truly know me
Because with them I feel totally free,
Like that of a bird with the whole world to venture through
Without stopping to wonder what others think of you.
Now I realize as I see the words I’ve written,
Everything seems so much clearer.
As if the world wants to give me another chance
And let me live my dream and learn how to dance.
The ability to Freak my dream
Just makes me want to scream,
To show to the world my dedication,
Just as the Beat Freaks have been my inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment