Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Inspiration: The Beat Freaks



With every dance move that I see
Just makes me feel proud to be,
One of many strong females in the world.
Times were rough way back when,
Because females were considered inferior to men.
Times have changed thanks to determined women
Who helped our country to develop from male domination.
Many days I feel like I don’t deserve it,
But I know now that it doesn’t matter how well you fit.
As your own person, you can be anything you want to be,
Which allows you to feel happy and free.
As equals in the society,
Your only worry is propriety.
As long as you are honest about who you are
It doesn’t matter; you will always be a star.
I have learned that through dance,
An impression can be made; even with just a quick glance.
Females from Japan and France,
As well as the United States,
Can become one of the greats
The success you gain is up to you,
All you need to do is follow through.
The Beat Freaks have taught me this,
Through their success in challenges.
They never gave up no matter how hard the task,
And now as I start to take off the mask,
That has covered me from reality for so long,
I am able to be more confident and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment