Thursday, June 11, 2009

Friendship


As sophomore year has come to its end,
I’m happy to say that we have stayed friends.
Though there were many challenges that we faced,
As of right now, our troubles seem to have been erased.
Although the year would slowly progress,
We all made it through with limited stress.
It’s not really hard to put nine months of memories as one,
Because they all contain moments of continuous fun.
Every day of school was never really exciting,
Knowing teachers always expected so much writing.
Every period of school would pass with limited speed
As we waited for lunchtime when we would be freed.
Lunchtime always seemed to pass by quick
Like life was like a disappearing magic trick.
Just enjoying our time, not knowing what the next moment would bring…
Unfortunately for us that’s when the bell would ring.
Signaling for us to depart and go to class,
We all were wishing that the time would quickly pass.
But after school was over for the day,
I kind of wished for the time to stay.
Knowing that I had homework that would be due,
Yet I could never find the motivation to follow through.
So many times I had to rush to finish,
And the strength to continue school would start to diminish
What really helped me to finish a year that seemed prolonged,
Was having friends that made me feel like I belonged.
So I write this poem as a thank you,
For I know our friendship is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment